One of The Navigators’ Core Values is “interdependent relationships in the Body of Christ in advancing the Gospel”. We fulfil this by:
- Serving the churches here in Singapore by:
• Facilitating the Intentional Disciple-making Church Process (IDC Process) in several churches.
• Remaining available and engaged with these churches on how they are progressing towards becoming a disciple-making church
• Supporting groups of churches by:
- Facilitating a Forum for all the pastors and councilmen of the Lutheran churches under the headship of the Bishop Terry Kee
- Initiating a gathering of the Brethren church pastors and elders under the Brethren Network Fellowship to consider the discipleship and disciple-making strategies in their respective local churches.
- Conducting clinics, seminars to equip leaders:
• To use HighQuest, a mentoring tool
• To use our discipleship tool, the 2:7 Series
• On evangelism strategy, using the Authentic Evangelism Seminar
• With discipling principles and skills, through the Discipling Others Seminar
Our contribution at The Global Disciple-ship Congress (GDC) 2013, and GDC Asia 2016 in Manila.
Our ministry has taken us to:
- Nagaland, India
• Pastors and leaders of the Nagaland Baptist denomination
• Introducing “Discipleship in the Church” to the Nagaland Missions Movement in 2013
• Discipling Others Seminar and 2:7 Clinics in Dimapur and Kohima, in 2015
- Nairobi, Kenya
• Teaching and training pastors and church leaders in 2015
• Ministering to young working adults at a Navigator conference and in small groups
- Medan, Indonesia
• With Greja Kristen Protestan Indonesia
• Mentoring 3 key pastors from the denomination, a ministry which began 5 years ago.
• Teaching at a Pastors’ and Leaders’ Seminar
- Country X
• A closed access country
• Equipping a pastor and his wife in ministry skills and life skills
• Teaching and interacting with the church’s key women and men labourers
“As we journeyed, it was beautiful to see that people were cultivating a very regular daily devotion, and how we desire to apply what we are learning. It is thrilling to see the journey that the church is on, taking the Word seriously… I want to thank the Lord for what He has been doing through this IDC Process.”
— Pastor David Yap (Yio Chu Kang Chapel) of the IDC Process
“Giving praise to God for enriching times with you; appreciating the time and precious moments you gave as a friend of QLC; applauding your faithfulness in journeying with us, the family of QLC.”
— Pastor Jim Lee (Queenstown Lutheran Church) of the IDC Process